1. Who is Centre for Professional Development?
Centre for Professional Development (CPD) is a unit of the Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) established in November 2010 for human capital development through short-duration training programmes. CPD runs workshops, seminars and symposia to people who require professional training in a variety of fields or trades emphasizing skills transfer.
2. What are the entry requirements if I wish to study / train with CPD?
The entry requirements vary with each level of training. Specific requirements are spelt out on enrolment of each respective programme. [Follow this link to view or download our course brochures]
3. How do I apply to study for any programme with CPD?
- You can phone, email or contact us in person;
- Your organisation can approach us and organise a training for you;
- Visit our webpage on the ZOU website www.zou.ac.zw
4. Can I view the learning materials before I register?
Not really. Any prospective learner can only view snippets of the learning material.
5. What are the benefits of studying/ training through ZOU’s Centre for Professional Development?
Studying with our Centre brings numerous benefits including:
- flexible times of training —weekends, evenings, weekdays, etc
- unlocking your hidden talent.
- networking with key players in your field of expertise;
- marrying theory with practice;
6. Do learners on CPD training programmes write examinations?
This depends on the type of training programme.
7. Is CPD an independent organisation?
CPD is a unit of the Zimbabwe Open University which focuses on professional training programmes while faculties, in ZOU focus on academic degree programmes.