As you will notice, the information resource base is still growing. Presently it is not possible to lend materials to all students for use out of the Library for longer periods. The following is the current circulation policy, which we hope you will follow:
Circulation to Students
- Limited circulation for use over-night and return to the Library the next morning
by 9.00 am.
- Limited circulation for use over the weekend and items returned Monday morning by 9.00 am.
- Students may borrow library materials for a period of 1 week.
Circulation to Academic and Non-Teaching Staff
- Academic Staff - 2 weeks
- Non-Academic Staff - 1 week
NB: Currently it is not possible to issue out materials for longer periods of more than 2 weeks to all users.
- Most materials are largely available for use within the ZOU Libraries wherever possible.
- Items may be taken out for photocopying for a limited time.
- The Library system upholds International Copyright and National Copyright conventions. Therefore photocopying of parts of a publication FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES will be permitted and not whole works.
- Copyright permission is sought from ZIMCOPY whenever it is necessary to reproduce whole works.
Closed Access Material/Reserved Materials
Materials that are heavily demanded and yet so few may be placed on closed access or on reserve section. These materials will be available for use within the Library only.
- Reserve books can be borrowed over-night and returned to the Library the next morning by no later than 10.00am
- Reserve books can be borrowed over the weekend and returned on Monday morning by no later than 10.00am.