Please observe the following rules to make the most out of the services available.
- Return all materials issued out to you on the due date indicated;
- Do not bring in food and drinks into the library;
- Serious study requires a quiet environment. Therefore, observe silence all the time you are in the library;
- Do not make any markings in books, theses and journal articles because these destroy materials and distract other users attention from the real reading materials;
- Users shall be required to replace all materials damaged in their possession or shall be charged an equivalent replacement value of the damaged item(s);
- Bags and parcels must be left outside the library;
- Use cell phones outside the library;
- Registration with the library is a must for everyone and pockets must be produced upon clearance before graduation.
Library Fines for Over-Due Materials
- For ordinary items not returned on time, the offender shall be charged $1.00 day delayed for the first 5 days, there after the charge will be $2.00 per day;
- For reserved items not returned on time, the offender shall be charged $1.00 per hour delayed;
- To replace lost library pockets, $1.00 shall be charged per pocket;
- For lost library materials the replacement value plus added administration cost involved will be charged;
- For ZOU members of staff who lose library materials debit orders shall be made directly on the offender's salary;
- Please note that there will be not option, but to indefinitely suspend those found persistently defaulting by failing to observe the above rules and regulations.
Approved Membership Fees
- Day pass $1.00
- 1 Month subscription $10.00
Organisation of Library Collections
- Materials are arranged on shelves according to the Library of Congress Classification scheme.
- Shelf-guides are put in place, which guide users to locate resources.
- An OPAC has been put in place to help you identify and locate required material.
- Please ask for assistance from a Librarian in attendance, if you have any problem using the library.