PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOUNDATION COURSE FOR SMES
WHY PROJECT MANAGEMENT?
Successful organisations know that projects are the vehicle through which value is created and outcomes are achieved. As stepping-stones of progress, projects are the tools through which raw concepts are transformed into delivered results.
Wherever projects exist, organisations need people with the skills to “get things organized” and “make things happen”. To fill those need workers throughout the economy are adding Project Management to their portfolio of professional skills. The ability to organize people, events, logistics and work, combined with the leadership skills to guide a team and overcome complexity are the bedrock of Project Management practice.
Whether leading, participating in, or overseeing projects, people in all walks of life are finding that projects are a part of their professional life. No matter the industry, no matter the sector, no matter the need. Project Management capabilities are a base skill that adds value to the individual’s carrier and brings benefits to the stakeholders they serve.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course is a 2 (two) day foundation course in Project Management. The course is a one stop shop for those wanting to build a foundation of Project Management knowledge. Providing the opportunity for SMEs to understand what it takes to guide a project from start to the end, the course covers the full project lifecycle from project start-up all the way through to closing and benefits realization.
DESIGNED BY PRACTITIONERS FOR SMES IN ZIMBABWE
- A student centered approach that gives you the flexibility to work at times that are convenient to you,
- Full written class notes you can print for future reference,
- More than 50 diagrams and illustrations,
- Assignments and activities to help cement the knowledge you learn,
- A fully worked example of real life project that brings the ideas to life,
- Practical hints and tips, plus weekly quizzes to reinforce the learning,
- A set of Project Management templates,
- A team environment that encourages students to network, interact and share,
- Team activities that allow students to apply the skills learned in class and learn by working together.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- SMEs working in a project environment who see the need to improve their skills,
- SMEs already leading projects who want to formalize their knowledge ,
- Those who want to work towards taking a Project Management role,
- Team members who want to understand the project environment better,
- Managers and Executives overseeing projects or Project Managers,
- Anyone wanting to strengthen their professional toolkit.
The course will be offered once every second week of every month.
Classes will begin (1) one week after registration close
Duration: 2 (two) days
COURSE PRICE $60-00
BANK TRANSFER DETAILS FOR PAYMENT
Bank: FBC BANK LIMITED
Account Name: ZIMBABWE OPEN UNIVERSITY
Branch: FBC CENTRE
Sort code: 81208120
Swift code: FBCPZWHA
Account number: 6470168280828
For further information contact
The Manager, Virtual Campus
4th Floor Corner House, Cnr. Samora Machel Ave and Leopold Takawira Street